Street Theatre Canberra
Saturday 11 May at 7.30pm
Power Chords Attached is a dynamic collaboration across genres sparked by a uniting interest in the deep resonances of vocal cords, struck strings, and powerful harmonies.
The Song Company joins forces with The Omnific (Matthew Fackrell and Toby Peterson-Stewart) from Melbourne for a resonant mix of plainchant, dynamic basslines, and 12th-century organum from Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris.
Together they will perform an inspired arrangement of 12th century composer Magister Pérotin’s masterpiece Viderunt omnes, echoed by a high soprano in his most haunting of songs, Beata viscera. French composer Pérotin is known as having introduced the composition of polyphony in four parts into Western Music.
- Tue 7 May 7.30pm | ARA Darling Quarter Theatre
- Thu 9 May 7pm | Newcastle Conservatorium
- Sat 11 May 7.30pm | The Street Theatre, Canberra
- Mon 13 May 7pm | Melbourne Recital Centre, Salon
- Tue 14 May 7pm | St David’s Cathedral, Hobart
- Sat 18 May 3pm | The Independent Theatre, North Sydney
- Sun 19 May 3pm | Wollongong Art Gallery
- Wed 22 May 2pm | Berry School of Arts
- Sat 25 May 7.30pm | St George’s Cathedral, Perth