Tuesday 18 February 2020 7pm
Llewellyn Hall ANU School of Music
Garrick Ohlsson is a revered American pianist, a master of the intimate art of the solo recital. He remains the only American to have won the Chopin Competition.
His commanding presence – very tall, and with one of the largest handspans of any pianist – is at odds with the delicacy and finesse for which he’s famous. This is an opportunity to hear good music beautifully performed.
- BRAHMS Two rhapsodies, op 79
- BRAHMS Seven Fantasias, op 116
- BRAHMS Variations on a theme of Paganini, op 35 bk 2
- CHOPIN Nocturne in B flat minor, op 9 no 1
- CHOPIN Piano Sonata no 3 in B minor, op 58
Information and tickets: https://musicaviva.com.au/ohlsson/